Building upon a track record of public lands support, Quail Forever is pleased to announce onX
as the organization’s newest national sponsor. The Montana-based company is reputed for unlocking the nation’s premier public/private lands using mapping technology specially designed for hunters. Every onX Hunt membership purchased with the promo code “QUAIL” will positively impact grassland conservation efforts nationwide, supporting the passion of wingshooters while helping provide a bright future for the birds.
“Founded by hunters for hunters, onX’s commitment to giving back to conservation groups such as Quail Forever is a large priority for the company,” said Matt Seidel, product owner for the onX Hunt App. “By contributing to Quail Forever with each Hunt App purchased, we feel this national sponsorship shows a strong commitment to both our dedication and desire for improving habitat and solving access concerns for Quail Forever members.”
The acclaimed onX Hunt App is an innovative tool to easily locate public lands, private landowner information, and specific hunting units throughout the United States (states are also available individually). Hunt App users can turn their smartphone, iPad, or GPS unit into a multi-layered map which shows public and private property boundaries, hunting unit boundaries, and landowner contact information—all layered over aerial imagery or topographic base maps. Users entering the promo code “QUAIL” when purchasing the application at onXmaps.com/hunt
support the wildlife habitat conservation efforts of Quail Forever.
“OnX is a revolutionary tool for upland hunters to identify access points with quality habitat and robust bird numbers, leading to successful time afield and ultimately helping solve access issues, one of the barriers for new hunter recruitment,” stated Chris Kalis, director of corporate partnerships for Quail Forever. “Better yet, onX is dedicated to funding access for the future while aligning 100 percent with our mission for habitat conservation.”
In addition to advertising in the Quail Forever Journal of Quail Conservation and the
organization’s websites and social media channels, the following points highlight key components of the partnership:
- National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic – As a bronze sponsor for the 2019 National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic in Schaumburg, Illinois, onX products and special presentations on its patented technology will be on display and available to convention attendees.
- Upland Access Video Series – Stay tuned for a series of five videos throughout the year, demonstrating how the Hunt App can be a game changer for wingshooters in various regions of the country.
- Land Acquisition Map Layer – onX will help develop a new map layer for Hunt App users highlighting more than 195,000 acres of public access bought, purchased, and managed by Quail Forever and its partners.
- Public Lands Projects Review – Quail Forever and onX will co-sponsor a partner video on new access projects created through the financial contributions of members, chapters, and corporate supporters.
- National Hunter-Mentor Training Program – Helping to Recruit, Retain, and Reactivate the next generation of conservation stewards, onX memberships will be included as part of a new hunter training program, helping mentors and mentees alike find public hunting access in their local communities.
- Chapter Banquet Program – onX memberships and Hunt App technology will be available at chapter fundraising banquets nationwide in 2019, helping members and banquet attendees identify public access opportunities throughout the year.
The mission behind onX is to always know where you stand. onX gives outdoor enthusiasts more information about their surroundings than they ever thought possible. We strive to create the most complete, current, and accurate mapping information available, including land ownership, roads, trails, and other access-related data. By providing people the best and most up-to-date data and GPS technology in the palm of their hand, onX seeks to help people have the best outdoor experience possible. Read more at www.onxmaps.com
About Quail Forever
Quail Forever is a leading organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation efforts for the United States’ native quail species. Since its creation in 2005, Quail Forever has conducted more than 13,000 habitat projects across the nation benefitting quail and other wildlife. Along with its affiliate organization Pheasants Forever, it has committed more than $784 million to improve more than 17 million acres of wildlife habitat. Quail Forever has more than 16,000 members and 170 local chapters across the country. Both Quail Forever and Pheasants Forever are part of Pheasants Forever, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit.